Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Here's To You Kaka!


It was June 13, 2006...when Brazil played Croatia in the first round of the Football Worldcup in Berlin. As a one FIFA-old toddler, I knew just the newspaper-heroes in each team (Being 2-FIFA old hasn't changed that really!)...and Kaka was one of them. Had never seen him play for Milan, didn't recollect him from FIFA 2002 even (apparently he played just 1-2 games against sidey nations...and missed out on the finals when Scolari decided to send him as a Sub coz the refree didn't see him wave from the stands!)....but he was one of the cutest players I had ever seen :D...innocent, boyish looks...Boy-Next-Door...that's all he was as far as I was concerned!(much to the disgust of my bro who could be heard muttering "Girls" with the greatest disdain :D)

But then he scored....it was a long range goal... he caressed the ball into the net with his left foot...it was a beauty....and I was certain I loved him after that!

2 years have gone by... since I first saw him score ... and am glad he got the Ballon d'Or!!

Definitely deserves it more than Christiano...who despite his dream run this time...will remain in my black books for what he did to Rooney in the last World Cup .... Though he is still one of my heroes in Man U... little complicated...

3 comments:

Partha said...

I dint even know that Kaka played in the 2002 world cup! :D... But no doubt about the fact that he is the best footballer now. Not only because of his skills as a player, but also as a good human being. Unlike the other players who are more often than not related to notoriety, Kaka is a god fearing, amicable and nice human being. This is where he out scored Ronaldo.

I liked Ronaldo as a player but after I saw the footage where Rooney was sent off, I definitely felt that it was actually veryharsh on Rooney. The perception changed altogether...

Keep writing!!! BTW ManU is leading by one point now... :)

lostworld_me said...

Totally agree! Unlike Ronaldo...who seems to be doing a lot more off the field than on it at times (the Man U Parties are sooo badnaam now!)..Kaka has this "clean" image that is relly appealing...

Though Man U's no longer leading...post their West Ham loss :(

Partha said...

But I hope ManU wins this year's premiership as well.

Total Pageviews