Thursday, December 13, 2007

A.R.Rehman is God!

Among all my depressive posts earlier on in my other blog...I forgot to mention THE most awesome experience I'd had lately!! Got to see A.R.Rehman in concert!!!!!!!

The venue was like 15 odd km from where I live...so even though I love the man...I had no intentions of going. Fever 104 had been advertising about it for daaaaaayyyysssss....and I never bothered to listen...till....my mum called up to say that Dad had got hold of passes (worth 5000 bucks...we got them for free :D)...and there was no looking back ever since!!

The day dawned...can't remember the date...6:00pm we were on our way to THE concert in Raja Garden Grounds! As we went from pillar to post looking for Gate No. 2 ... I suddenly declared I wanted to go pee...much to the consternation of my parents.

Discovered a BPCL petrolpump close to "our" Gate, just to be told by a nice old gentleman that the loo was overflowing with...umm....never mind...too bad...I decided to exercise some bladder control and not think about water for the rest of the concert!

Once in...and having fought for our seats (DIlliwaalas love to "reserve" seats for their mamas, chachas, taus etc etc)...we finally settled down to what promised to be the most amazing concert ever!

It was Rehman Live in Delhi for the first time!!! And my First Concert of this scale ever!!!! It was electrifyingly awesome!!

It began...with Chitra singing...till the curtains rose...and there was Rehman...in all his finery...and that voice to die for....I got goosebumps BIG time....and it was nothing to do with the winter chill.

And so the show went on....with classics from Bombay, Roja, Rang De Basanti...and some South Indian movie which I could not follow...but loved the music anyways! Joining Rehman were Hariharan, Chitra, Kailash Kher, some Rajasthani dude, Naresh Iyer (the man who sang "Roobaroo") , some more South Indian singers,Sadhana Sargam and Neeti Mohan ( Channel V's Band Aasma was her claim to fame...she was singing less and trying to seduce more...a major put off).

The music was mindblowing to say the least! In between Sivamani took over! The man never ceases to amaze me!!

Even the winner of the Fever 104 Sing With Rehman Contest performed and was damn good and damn confident!! Had I been thrust on stage in front of sooo many people, they would have been carrying me away on a stretcher!

Anyways...the concert came to an end earlier than I would have liked! But Rehman made it unforgettable with his "Maa Tujhe Salaam". My bro who was at home studying for some exam...heard it through the cell :D I love technology :D

It was one helluva experience...Go Rehman!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Balaji Sharma said...

Nice. Now for the other side of the story, you might want to read this sometime.

http://sathya84.wordpress.com/2007/06/13/the-show-must-go-on/

Total Pageviews