Saturday, January 4, 2014

Delhi and people who claim to be men

Tricks like putting reflective sunglasses on, for example, show men what they look like while staring at women.After a whole year, I stepped into the Delhi Metro yesterday to meet a friend of mine in Gurgaon. Owing to paucity of time, I ended up boarding the "general" compartment since I couldn't make it to the "Ladies only" compartment as the train pulled in. I regretted it instantaneously. Despite all the awareness programmes that have been running in this city after the heinous rape that brought protestors onto the streets in 2012, little has changed in terms of men staring at you like you are something to eat. I agree things are slightly better than they were a decade ago when they didn't stop at starting itself and decided to feel you up too. But again, I may have gotten lucky.

Here's an amazing video created by Whistling Woods International that tries to drive home the point. How can a city/country/region ever progress if men continue to treat women as mere meat?


Praying for change.

No comments:

Total Pageviews