Friday, November 18, 2016

Opinions Opinions Everywhere - So Much Unrest!

Image result for world chaosI have been on Planet Earth for 31 years, of which I have vivid memories from the time I was about 6. Never ever in the last 25 years have I seen so much discussion around politics. Never! Ever! Whatever discussion I had been a part of/ overheard, seemed to be policy driven rather than person driven. And this makes you wonder. Have people lost it completely in the recent times? Or was it the lack of social media that caused the idiots to keep their mouths closed and not add to the growing din?

Anyone and everyone on Planet Earth has an opinion. A majority of them have NO IDEA about the facts. And worse, they don't want to start educating themselves anytime soon. As a result, every discussion boils down to - "I am right because I am right, and you're wrong because you're wrong". Rumour mongers (including our esteemed politicians) are having a field day because their nonsense can spread so easily to all corners of the world (I'm looking at you Kejriwal). I am a Facebook addict, and yet there are days when I want to delete my profile and dedicate my life to reading books. I try to put happy stuff in there to counteract the craziness - but it seems to be a lost cause.

At the end of the day, I can only change myself. So I solemnly swear that I'm going to never ever spread unverified information (not even harmless forwards), and I'm going to probably start a blog which has facts rather than opinions. The demonetization drive would be a good place to start given the furore.

Sending the world peace vibes. Trying to find the light in everyone.


No comments:

Total Pageviews