Thursday, February 4, 2016

A Big Year: A Reading Odyssey

Image result for book pileYesterday evening I watched the last 45 minutes of a movie called "The Big Year". It was about how a number of men, who are obsessed with birding, try to make that year their "Big Year" by spotting and capturing on camera the largest no. of birds. I think I'm going to have a big year in terms of books this year (and maybe blogposts, given that I've crossed my previous year's poor outcome by 3 posts across 2 blogs already :D).

I had practically lost my reading bug over the last few years. I read books - but they were few and far in between. I had degenerated from being a voracious reader till college to someone who got through 3-4 books a year because vegetating in front of some screen was more exciting. How misguided was I!

Thankfully, a November miracle happened last year, that led to my finishing 6 books in the last two months of the year! This year, I've continued with my great run, and finished 4 books in January itself! I think the Facebook Secret Santa post helped to an extent, because I received brand new authors from absolute strangers that opened up so many new possibilities for me! New words. New insights. It's all so dreamy!

I'm planning to start yet another blog this year, which will include book reviews. I suck at book reviews for some reason (I'm so much better at reviewing movies and TV series), so this will be a personal challenge of sorts.

Excited to say the least :)

No comments:

Total Pageviews