Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tujhe Sab Hai Pata Hai Na Maa....



"Main kabhi batlata nahi

Par andhere se darta hoon mein Maa

Yun to main dikhlata nahi

Teri parwah karta hoon main Maa

Tujhe sab hai pata

Hai na Maa

Tujhe sab hai pataaaa

Meri Maa"


I can't get enough of this song...and everytime I hear it...my eyes well up...I'm not alone...my friends have been listening to this incessantly and calling up their mothers long distance :)

You can't help but reminisce about the time when you lay all your trust in your mother, unquestioningly followed her advice...the word "rebellion" wasn't in your dictionary...she knew best, and wanted the best for you...you would go to any lengths to please her...and get rewarded with that "mummy" hug and peck on the cheek. You would do something small like getting her a small birthday gift with your saved up money, but she would reward you by cooking all your favourite food on your return from school, as though you had done the greatest thing in the world. When you had a bad day, she could sense it before you told her....When you got hurt, she cried...When you did well, she rejoiced for you...

She was there planning your fifth birthday as though it were your coronation...She sang to you when you couldn't go to sleep...She read out your favourite bed time stories a thousand times because you asked her to...She stayed up all night when you fell sick and did your work even when she was sick...Her world revolved around you...

But your world stopped revolving around hers after a while...She was the same...but you changed...You wanted to be treated like a grown up...when in her eyes you were still that newborn who looked up at her for the first time and gave a toothless grin...You wanted to be "independent"...when she still saw you as the baby who had to be protected from the big, bad world outside...You wanted to know the "facts of life"...when she still saw you as an innocent toddler...

After all the years of rebelling and fighting, you realize that she knows you best really...even better than you know yourself...She learns to accept you for what you are...and smiles when you come up with the next outrageous idea...because she knows it is only a phase...

You ARE still her baby...she has raised you as best as she could...she trusts you...as you trust her...and knows you'll be alright...

Mothers are the best....Here's a BIG *hug* to all of them out there :)

5 comments:

Maverick said...

Everytime I go back home I'll definitely have a big time fight with my ma.
And then I would sit on my bed and feel like crying my heart out 'coz I had hurt her. I would wanna say sorry but the words would just not come. And then I would look into her eyes which would say a thousand words. They would say, "Son, you don't need to say a thing. I shall always forgive you, no matter what just 'coz I love you so much. And I know that you love me too!"
Anything that any of us ever does, none of us would ever be able to repay what our mothers have done for us. And it's futile to try as well. If you can be such a human being that would make her say that she is proud to be your mom, I think that's as close you'll ever get to repaying the debt!

Ravi Teja said...

Powerfully written ! Made me so nostalgic :) Thanks for the post...!!

Prahlad(Peggy) Krishnamurthi said...

I have to bring the funny side to this post!! someone has to..First of all, I have no idea abt the song, so devika will soon enlighten me on that..And I really miss home food..all the time :)

lostworld_me said...

@ Peggy: Put that on your foody blog :)

Ruchir said...

i know, most beautiful song to my ears in recent times. keep ending listening it 2 2 many times :). but sisly i miss my "mummy" only when mess food is 2 bad :). second peggy on dat also coz for me my dad has done story telling part and lot of stuff which borders on mamma's fort :)

Total Pageviews