Monday, January 18, 2016

For the love of travel!

Image result for wanderlust
I always feel like a changed person after coming back from a vacation. At least for a couple of days. The thing is, that the humdrum of daily existence makes me forget to look at the world as if I were seeing everything for the first time. In exotic new lands, I relearn that art and am so much happier for it. The first few days back home make me look at the everyday things in life with the same curiosity. The ever-changing leaves on the trees, a flower bush in the middle of nowhere, an adorable puppy on the sidewalk - I notice it all. Then the magic goes away, and I move around with my nose in my phone, the world lying forgotten to one side.

Anyhow, coming back to travel. I love the way everyone transforms when they're away from home. It's like you no longer have to be the person you and others around you are used to. You are free to be a more liberated version of yourself. You become one with the strangers around you who are all marveling at the same sight. You are one with nature that seems to overwhelm you by her beauty, now that you've gotten around to actually look at her wonders. You are one with your highest and happiest self after a long time. How can that not be beautiful and fulfilling!

Now if only I could learn to be that way everyday, and learn to treat life like the miracle it is, I'll be all set and nirvana-d out :D. Here's to creating your own happiness!

No comments:

Total Pageviews