Saturday, January 24, 2015

Time

It's been two days since I watched The Theory of Everything, and among the various amazing, soul-stirring scenes in the movie, the one that got stuck in my head is when young Stephen Hawking hobbles into his professor's room soon after he discovers that he has 2 years to live, and tells him his Ph.D. thesis would be on 'Time'. It forced me to think about the time I have left.

No, I've not been struck by any fatal illness or anything. But life is probably the most unpredictable thing. And I have so much time on my hands right now that the person I was a year back at this time would have been so jealous of the person I am right now. I have OODLES of time since I'm still looking for a job. And what am I doing with it? Diddly Squats.

I think the problem with too much time and a complete lack of focus is that whenever I set out to study one thing, or meditate or pick up a new activity, I feel like I should be doing something else. That leaves me utterly restless and not at all happy. I tried making a sort of curriculum for myself too - but that didn't work out either.

Is it just me, or are there other people who can't figure out what to do with their time out?

I guess what I really need is mental discipline. I've managed to incorporate it when it comes to working out and living healthy - but my mental and spiritual health desperately needs some working on.

High time I started!

No comments:

Total Pageviews