Sunday, September 8, 2013

Dreams and their interpretations

So I fell sick owing to a total lack of excercise in my life, crazy, hazy weather here, and probably the extreme air conditioning that our office loves to indulge in. Result: No surprises there - I slept as though there were no tomorrow. 18 hours. 15 hours. It tapered down as I got better. The result of all that sleeping was some very interesting dreams that I can't remember because they were interspersed with reality.

However, there was one last night that was distinct. In my dream - I just sat there and washed dozens of clothes. They were mostly mine - not my family's - including my favourite dresses that are only dry-cleaned. So I sat there, and washed away, and then weirdly, didn't hang them out to dry. Instead, I dragged the hindolium in, and hung all my washing in the bathroom itself.

I got up with my fever gone, and after a long time, the desire to do something productive with my life. So of course, google was called upon and was commanded to reveal the meaning of this dream. It went something like this:

"Washing may represent inner cleansing. You are getting rid of old attitudes, habits and emotional reactions. If you wash clothes, this may symbolise an improvement in the way you present yourself to the world."

Sounds positive enough. And my feelings are totally in sync with the optimism that I woke up with. Now I just have to figure out how not to be drawn into the negativity of all and sundry at work tomorrow, and it'll all be perfect :) 


No comments:

Total Pageviews