Saturday, April 12, 2008

Nostalgia....

You know that feeling when you really, REALLY miss something...but you know you cannot have it...and it leaves you feeling very very sad? That's nostalgia for you...coming and whacking you where it hurts most...

I got that feeling today...and boy with a vengeance...!I knew from quite some time now that there would be no going back to IIFT...it has been coming on for a long time...but today...the whole idea of not being able to go back as a student again (unless I do my Ph.D in some trade related thing...which is a BIG no no coz it makes nostalgia feel like the best thing on earth)...it is unbearable...I want to go back :(

It all started with a bottle of deoderent I bought this morning...it was my fave in IIFT...and had been out of stock for a while...My nose just took me straight back to the bed in my hostel room...the sounds...the smells...the whole feeling...it just came rushing back!

Anyhow...fought off the feeling till sometime back...when I got down to ccp-ing a Maths assignment for my bro (penalty for taking the grape jelly icecream he'd got for himself...Put ice cream in front of me...and I go dumb and promise anything!)...well...the whole thing tugged at some more memories...1st Trisem....Humungous Maths assignment...all of us begging/borrowing/stealing (Yeah...STealing)...other people's completed assignments at 2:30 in the morning...trying to finish it before the 9 a.m class...I put on some music...and the Ipod ended up playing the very songs I used to be addicted to that year...What fun it was!!!

And now...with a whole new world waiting to open up before me (highly skeptical about it already thanks to the most soporific summers)...I can't seem to move on...

Maybe it's a passing phase...maybe by tomorrow morning I'll go back to cherishing the awesome time I'm having right now...maybe my Gtalk de-addiction withdrawal symptoms are causing this silly mood...

Whatever it is...those were the 2 most awesome years of my life...I can take the nostalgia...I just don't want to forget a single moment of the bestest days ever...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I distinctly remember watchin England v Croatia Euro qualifier..match tht England only had to draw....the remote in our hostel was not workin...and TV had gone bonkers...dunno why but on pressin the volume button,channels were changin...and channel changin button was not workin...and trust me..pressin and makin the vol button was damn tuff....me and sukhad paaji(later anish) sat in front of TV and tried to tune into ESPN....on gettin to ESPN...me and paaji thot tht we needed sm volume as well.....and forgettin tht vol button changes channels....we hit the vol button...and the channel changed....so again we labored to get ESPN....finally just 15 min before kickoff we got ESPN....England went 2-0 behind in first 15 min....me and paaji egged on England....croatia scored an own goal just bfore half time...and crouch levelled the match....and just whn me and paaji thot tht England were thru....Croatia hit one in 85 min...tht nite sittin in TV room...me and paaji were heartbroken and stunned....we both sat thr for 15 min and said nothin...thn in frustation we went bk to our rooms :( .... i will miss watchin football specially liverpool matches (where we were surrounded by all anti-liverpool ppl..) with sukhad paaji a lot... :( ....

lostworld_me said...

Dude...your minute to minute recollection of match details never ceases to amaze me :D ...Eagerly awaiting your sports blog still :P

SUKHAD JUNEJA said...

koi na kaaake......you will never walk alone... :-)
maybe one day we will both be in liverpool to watch the scousers play....

Unknown said...

You bet..... Liverpool...Here we come....yippeee.... its ironic paaji..we are praisin liverpool on a man utd supporter's blog....hope tht supporter realizes wht she is missin by not being on the scousers side... :D....cmon....be a liverpool supporter....:D

lostworld_me said...

No way dude..not after the way Man U's playing...NEVER NEVER NEVER :D ...Cya in Champion's LEague finals...

Total Pageviews